Frequently Asked Questions

country barn.jpg
Tall & Thin LOVE sign
reception_lisa and pablo 08102019_barn u
barn dance golf cart.jpeg
Love Moss Letters
A frame Arbour

How many people can you host for a reception?
Our facilities  hold up to 90+ seated in the barn.  Up to 110 with overflow area.


Can you have a reception on the Upper Plateau? 

Yes, however the prep area is down a hill. There is no way for a catering truck to be driven up to that area. 

Can we make food on the property?

Food must be prepared off site by a licensed caterer.  We do offer a caterer prep area but it is not for


cooking in.  A BBQUE caterer is allowed on site.  See Caterers information.


Can we serve alcohol? 
Barn Up The Hill has a main bar by the barn for bar service.  We also have a bar that can be placed on the Upper Plateau.  Only one bar can be open at a time.

To serve alcohol you must obtain an event license  and bar opening and closing must be based on your license. 

COVID Protocol requires all guests to maintain the ability to maintain social distancing  therefore  excessive drinking is NOT permitted. A soft bar is only allowed during COVID.

Can we use a friend for a bartender?
A Professional experienced bartender must manage your event bar.  This cannot be a friend or family member or someone who just took their Serve It Right.  You take full responsibility for your guests and their behaviour.  Shuttle services must be provided.


How late can our event go?
Barn Up The Hill rental goes until midnight.
Party noise is off by 11 pm on weekends, 10pm on weekdays.  Property must be vacated by midnight. 

COVID protocols must be followed including event end times which is currently 10pm.

Do you offer tables and chairs?
Yes please see our rental list for details.  Some packages include tables and chairs.
We offer rectangle tables in 8' and  6' sizes.

Does Barn Up The Hill offer set up and tear down services?
Yes. Please see our additional services information.


Do you have sound requirements for a Dance or Live Band?

If having a dance a professional DJ is required.

There is a sound level expectation that will be provided to your DJ or Band. 
Please note: during COVID a dance is only permitted if COVID restrictions allow and the Workplace Saftey plan for Barn Up The Hill allows.

Is there sound equipment?

There is a portable speaker, wireless microphone, blue tooth  system compatible for ceremony and background music, and MC.  Barn has surround sound system for back ground music and AV equipment.  These systems are not for a dance or live music.    Those systems should be provided by your DJ or musicians.

Is there electrical on the Upper Plateau?
Yes, there is electrical  for the ceremony sites, and around the dance zone.


Can you stay in the  Bridal Suite/ Cottage overnight? 
The suite can be rented for an overnight guest. Please see our additional services for more information. 
During COVID we are not renting our guest suite overnight.


Is Camping allowed on the property? 


We do not offer camping.

There are many campgrounds, B&B's and hotels a few minutes from Barn Up The Hill



Can Vehicles be left overnight? 


Yes, but owners cannot come back on the property between midnight and 8 am. 


Pick up must be done by 10 am the next morning. 



Do shuttle services come to Barn Up The Hill? 

Yes shuttle services and taxis come to Barn Up The Hill.


Do you have options for someone with mobility challenges?

Yes, we have a golf cart service from parking area to ceremony and reception.  We also offer a


wheelchair accessible washroom. 

Can we bring our animals on the property?
We do not allow personal animals on the property. If a service animal  is required for attendance please get permission from Barn Up The Hill. 


Can we have flamed candles?
Due to insurance we cannot allow any live flame on the property. Battery operated candles are great. We offer battery operated Pillar lights in our rental inventory. 


Are we responsible for third party liability?

Yes, you are responsible for obtaining a Special Events Liability Insurance  Policy. 

Do we have to sign a contract?
Yes, a contract is required.

Do we have to pay a deposit?
Yes, there is a non-refundable deposit and the damage deposit is paid up front. 

Do you have a cancellation policy?

Yes, it is included in your event contract. 


Is there a damage deposit?

Yes, it is dependent on the type of event and is included in your event deposit.